Cookies consist of pieces of text, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies on our website
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website.
We will send to you the following cookies:
Cookie number 3 (SESS****) is a session cookie and cookies 1,2,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 are all persistent cookies.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- To enable the correct localisation of our website.
- To improve the websites usability
- To analyse the use of our website.
Third party cookies
When you browse our website you may also be sent third party cookies. Our providers may send you cookies and they may use this information they obtain from your use of their cookies. In addition we use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about our website by means of cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer. The information that is collected by these cookies is used to generate reports and allows us to assess the usability of our website, more information can be found here.
It is possible to block cookies however it will have a negative effect on the website and how you view it. The usability will be restricted and you will not be able to login with your user account and the checkout might fail. You can refuse to accept cookies in each browser:
- Internet Explorer – click on the tools button, click on Internet Options, and click on the privacy tab and move the slider to block all cookies.
- Firefox – Right click within the page and select view page info, click on permissions panels, under ‘set cookies’ and untick use default and click the ‘block’ option.
- Google Chrome - click on the spanner icon on the browsers toolbar, select settings, and click show advanced settings. In the privacy section click the content settings button and in the cookies section click on ‘block cookies by default’ select "Block sites from setting any data" You'll see in the address bar whenever a cookie has been blocked. To block only third-party cookies: Select the "Ignore exceptions and block third-party cookies from being set" checkbox. Even if you've added a site to the Exceptions list and have chosen to allow its cookies, the site's third-party cookies won't be accepted if this checkbox is selected.
For more less common browsers click here
You can delete cookies but by doing this it will have a negative impact on the usability of our website.
- Internet Explorer – click on the tools button, click on safety and then click delete browsing history and select the cookies check box and then click delete.
- Firefox – click on the Firefox button and select tools and then click options. Select the privacy panel. Under history select ‘use custom settings for history’ and click show cookies and the cookies window will open. In the search field type the name of the site whose cookies you want to remove or select all the cookies in the list and click remove cookie.
- Google Chrome - click on the spanner icon on the browsers toolbar, select settings, and click show advanced settings. In the privacy section click the content settings button and in the cookies section click all cookies and site data to open the cookies and other data dialogue. To delete all cookies click remove all at the bottom of the dialogue. To remove a specific cookie select the site that issued the cookie and click remove.