The Company is committed to maintaining an effective complaints procedure. This entails properly investigating the complaint and providing timely feedback to the complainant.
How to make a complaint
Complaints should be made either:
1. In writing addressed to: Complaints Department, CPL Distribution Ltd, Westthorpe Fields Road, Killamarsh, Sheffield S21 1TZ; or
2. By using the ‘Contact Us’ section on the Company’s website (www.coals2u.co.uk, www.logs2u.co.uk, www.woodpellets2u.co.uk, and www.creativegardenideas.co.uk), selecting ‘Complaint’ on the enquiry type; or
3. By telephone on 0845 671 1122.
As much information as possible should be provided to enable us to investigate your complaint; such as:
- Your name and contact details;
- Customer account number, if an existing customer;
- Clear description of your complaint; and
- Any relevant correspondence, if applicable.
The complaint shall be handled confidentially and follow any relevant data protection requirements.
The complaint shall be recorded and passed to the relevant manager for attention.
An acknowledgement of receipt shall be sent to the complainant. If possible to do so, an indication of the timescale to respond to the complaint raised will be given to the complainant.
Follow up action
The action taken in response to the complaint shall be recorded and reviewed to identify any trends which may indicate a need to take further action to avoid recurrence.
Other options available
Depending upon the type of complaint you may wish to contact the Trading Standards Department of your local authority, or any other relevant authority.
In the event you have a dispute which cannot be settled through our customer complaints process, you may wish to use the European Online Dispute Resolution Platform. This can be accessed at: http://ec.europa.eu/odr. We encourage all customers to contact us in the first instance.
The complaints procedure is reviewed and updated as required.