The Renewable Heat Premium Payment (RHPP)scheme, launched in August, is designed to help homeowners afford renewable technologies for their home. Depending on which renewable technology you choose, the Government will give you a voucher to help you afford the installation.
One of the most financially attractive are biomass boilers, and the £950 grant offered to help you with the installation. Already over 300 people have taken up the grant, with more than £338,000 already given out as financial assistance.
The benefits of a biomass boiler include:
- - Ability to provide heating and hot water
- - Financial support from the RHPP
- - Produces low carbon as works off sustainable fuels
- - They qualify for the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- - Could save you up to £580 in heating bills a year*
*When compared to electric
(Statistics taken from the Energy Saving Trust)